Business Development Manager
What is Float?
Float is award-winning cash flow forecasting and financial intelligence software for business owners, bookkeepers and accountants that integrates with Xero, QuickBooks Online and FreeAgent.
Our market opportunity is huge - Float is part of a rapidly growing global app marketplace as businesses increasingly adopt cloud accounting. We are well known and well regarded and looking to take the next step in our growth.
Poor cash flow visibility and management is a major reason 82% of global small businesses fail. Float exists to give businesses (and their accountants) the visibility and actionable insight they need to make informed, confident decisions. Getting these decisions right can mean the difference between business growth and going bust.
The cloud accounting ‘movement’ is also changing the very nature of what it means to be an accountant, meaning Float has a truly exciting opportunity to define what benefits and value having a reliable, accurate view of a business’ cash flow provides accountants and their clients in the future.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone smart, strategic and ambitious to focus on customer acquisition, growth and success for global accountant and bookkeeper channel. Your main focus will be on the UK market but there will be communication and input across our other core markets in North America, Australia and New Zealand.
The ideal candidate will be able to appropriately identify the needs of both new and current customers in order to help accountants and bookkeepers clearly understand the benefits of Float and aid them in their adoption and roll-out of Float to their clients.
You should be a real team player who is comfortable working in a high growth organisation and willing to go the extra mile to help your colleagues and clients.
You should be curious, confident, self-starting and always looking to improve what we do and how we do it.
You should be driven to understand how best Float can help our prospective customers and how we can best support them on their journey to adopt Float as a core element of their cloud proposition.
You should also be comfortable creating and optimising processes and working to targets.
You will be provided every opportunity to bring new ideas to the table and shape your role and the team as it grows.
Experience of accountancy, accounting technology and understanding the needs, concerns and buying behaviours of accountants and their clients is desirable.
Working closely with the Float senior management, marketing, product and support teams, you will have responsibility for:
- Identifying, beginning and continuing conversations with progressive accountants and bookkeepers
- Helping them to understand the value and benefits of Float for their firm and their clients
- Signing accountants and bookkeepers up to become Float partners and managing relationships with them through their Float lifecycle
- Creating and maintaining relationships with accounting partners to better understand and achieve their needs, grow their use of Float and drive advocacy
- Working cross-functionally within the company to communicate with all stakeholders in customers' success
- Reporting about the health of customers' accounts
What you should bring
- Proven experience in driving growth across the sales and/or customer success lifecycle for a B2B company, ideally SaaS
- Experience working with a range of customers, from SME to Enterprise
- Ability to adapt your approach to various audiences, from C-level executives to support staff
- A proactive approach to finding commercial growth opportunities
- A growth mindset, with the ability and desire to learn new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling and prioritising multiple tasks and challenges
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
As part of a growing, collaborative team of passionate people, you’ll make a real impact in helping us to make cash flow stress a thing of the past.
Building a company where people can grow and that you enjoy working for is a big part of how we define success at Float.
Have what it takes?
If you're interested and want to know more, feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] Alternatively, just click the link below and send us your CV.
This is a full-time role, (36.25 hours a week), based in our office in CodeBase in the heart of Edinburgh. UK and some international travel will be required as part of the role.
The salary is flexible and competitive, dependent on your experience and demonstration of success. A success-based commission structure could also form part of your package.
- Company pension (we’ll match up to 5%)
- 34 days paid holiday
- Childcare vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Free team lunches on Fridays
- Discounts and offers through our Perks scheme
Different people bring with them different ways of thinking and we believe it’s both to our advantage and our responsibility to bring these different perspectives into our company. Diversity in the workplace is a great asset and we want our recruitment talent pool to be as open as possible, so we strongly encourage applications from any background.
Find out more about Float at www.floatapp.com